Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Natalie Lynne!

The last 2 years have sure flown by!  I cannot get over the fact that we have a 2 year old in our house...

Today started off a little rough for Natalie and I really wanted to just play the song, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!" Although we had her party last weekend, the song really would have been appropriate today because she woke up whiny and it continued until midday.

We were in South Bend because Bobby's sister, Kristen, and Alexis/Evan were home from Maryland. We decided to make a quick trip up after swim lessons on Saturday and then leave Sunday morning so we could celebrate Natalie's birthday at the Indy Children's Museum.

We had ANOTHER poop incident last night...WITH a onesie on...grrr!  I think we really need to pray about this whole situation because Bobby and I are both at our wits end. Now, our last solution is for Natalie to ONLY sleep with a backwards sleeper on. I guess I'll be ruining several pairs by cutting off the feet.

Anyway, back to Natalie's birthday today...

After eating breakfast at Bobby's parent's house, we headed to Indy for a fun day. Although Natalie only took a 30-45 minute nap (we wished it would have been longer) it was enough to turn her day around into a happy one!  We stopped and ate lunch at Culver's in Kokomo...Natalie had her most recent favorite: Grilled Cheese, Aubrey ate the applesauce Natalie refused to eat, and got a special, yummy oreo ice cream sandwich for dessert.

We met Aunt Amanda and Uncle Matt at the Children's Museum. I was thinking that today wouldn't be too busy considering that tomorrow is a free day at the museum because school's are out for President's Day, but boy was I wrong...it was a zoo!  Natalie had a great time even with how crowded it was, and so did we!

My goal for tomorrow is to take some semi-professional looking pictures and post Natalie's updates and favorites at 2 years old. We don't go to the doctor for her 2 year appointment until next Monday, so as long as I get her update/favorites post up between now and then, I will feel like I'm doing pretty good!


 




 


She loved playing the drums with the Egyptian woman

Future archeologist...
 

 

Her favorite pastime...sucking/chewing on blankets!
Natalie finished her night off with jumping in the bounce house at home and fell asleep while sitting on Daddy's lap, taking her breathing treatment (started them up again just in case since she has a very icky runny nose again). She was one tired girl!

She also got 2 special phone calls today with messages singing Natalie 'Happy Birthday' from Aunt Krista and Grandma/Grandpa Brodzinski who are somewhere floating in the ocean on their cruise!  Natalie started singing 'Happy Birthday' to herself after each of those messages :)

Happy 2nd Birthday, Natalie!  I hope you had a very fun day!  Lots of people sent messages/cards your way. You sure are very special. My wish for you this coming year is that you slow down all the growing you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.