Monday, November 18, 2013

Goose Poop 5K Challenge

During this race, we didn't see any geese or poop...haha!  Bobby and I both ran it, along with Rebekah and Abbey. The route was a good one with enough hills and flat areas to make it hard, but not nearly as hard as the Lake Mingo Trail 7 Mile Run Rebekah and I ran awhile back. Most of the obstacles were in the last 0.1 miles it seemed, but there were a few others along the route too. For some reason, the whole race felt hard to me, probably because Rebekah started our pace out super fast...I'm talking sub-9:00 the first mile. We walked a couple hills and skipped a few obstacles (mainly the ones that you had to climb straight up!  I do not have the arm strength for that!  I did climb and jump and crawl over and under some. Bobby did all of the obstacles except climbing through a car because it wasn't very obvious that you needed to crawl through. I didn't realize there were so many trails in Hawthorne park and the scenery was pretty so it is a race that I would definitely do again!

The girls hung out with Alison while we all ran because there was no way you could have pushed a stroller through some of the areas.

Official results:

Bobby - 26:24.3 31st of 287
Brandi - 30:44.3 76th of 287
Rebekah - 30:50.4 78th of 287
Abbey - 34:08.8 100th of 287

Before
After (Bobby is posing as 'tired' and us girls are posing as 'strong')

Next up: 

11/23 Saturday - 5K race in Marshall, IL
11/28 Thursday - Niles Buchanan YMCA Thanksgiving Day 10K
12/8 Sunday - Christmas in the Park 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.