Since the last gymnastics post, the girls are now taking swim lessons and are in their 2nd week already. Aubrey's is a parent/child class at 4:30 and Natalie's is at 5:00 with a teacher (actually 2). Originally I had thought both of their classes were at 5, so I had planned for Bobby to swim with Aubrey, but instead I get to be in a swimsuit 2 times a week...yippee! However, I have had fun with her and she LOVES the water just like Natalie always has.
Aubrey definitely has a mind of her own like always and refuses to blow bubbles in the water even though she does it all the time in the bathtub! Also whenever we are doing a certain skill and she feels she's done enough, she's done until the next skill...haha! Today the teacher recognized that Aubrey is very comfortable in the water so she wanted me to practice letting her "float" and swim herself to the top for a couple seconds. She did great and loved it. She still won't jump off the wall without my help, but today the teacher also wanted her to jump off, then swim toward me for a couple seconds, then back to the wall so she realizes the wall is a safe place. She actually did better than I thought.
Natalie was described as "overzealous" her first class, which I had to look up the exact definition and found it means "excessive enthusiasm" which describes her perfectly. She had to be taken out of the water after "falling" in twice, once pulled out by the teacher and once by the lifeguard. She wasn't even phased by it and really neither were we, but a couple other parents/grandparents were...haha! She loves the water too, but just needs to remember she needs to be safe around the water. Since the first class, she has done much better listening to her teacher! Bobby looks more at her skill performance since he was a swim instructor, and I look more at how well she listened and behaved. Today, they had an interesting contraption that allowed the kids to stand in the water on a platform, but were "caged" in and could hold onto a bar. That seemed to work out well because the kids were in the water so didn't have the urge to jump in or the impatience of watching others in the water! Natalie may need work on her skills, but she's definitely being a better listener!
As I write this, we had sleet and have the chance of snow tonight, but we had some awesome weather to take advantage of this weekend that even allowed us to wear shorts! Although I hate the heat/humidity, I have to say I'm looking forward to summer, but would be VERY happy if it stayed mild like it was this weekend.

























No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.