At the end of the year, The Learning Tree does an all-school field trip. Usually during the year, the individual classes go on the same field trip, but different days. So, this year, I got to go to 2 a month unless Grandma or Grandpa (or Bobby) decided to go with too. The highlight of this trip is that all the kids and teachers get to ride a big Turner bus to a local park! Then, they do a little hike, play on the playground, and then have a pizza party! There were A LOT of parents this year! There are also a lot of kids going into Kindergarten next year, so I'm guessing that was the reason for all the parents being there, which was good!
Bobby got to come to this field trip, too, so the girls were excited about that!
During the field trip, Aubrey got into a little tiff with a girl in her class. I watched the whole thing play out because I wanted to see how Aubrey reacted. I know she is a spitfire and I was glad she stood her ground to the older girl that was shoving her way through and trying to move Aubrey out of the way where she had been playing nicely. Well...it escalated into Aubrey hitting the girl after the older girl overpowered Aubrey. I can't say I really blame her, but had to explain that in that situation if the girl is being a bully then Aubrey needs to walk away and tell an adult before she goes and punches someone! Both teachers actually expressed the same thoughts I had and come to find out the little girl that was being a bully will be going into First Grade next year! I'm proud of Aubrey for standing her ground!
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.