Tuesday, January 22, 2013

RSV

Took the girls to the doctor today...thank goodness they were able to get us in this afternoon!

Due to Aubrey having the worse sounding cough, they did the flu/RSV (a respiratory virus) test on her instead of Natalie. They took a very long q-tip type swab and took a nasal swab. I couldn't believe how far they had to push that up. Aubrey was a trooper though and only cried while they did it and then she was fine.

Natalie enjoyed playing with the toy and the child-sized chair in the room. The doctor examined both girls and said that Natalie was wheezing more than Aubrey even though Aubrey's cough was the worst. Aubrey's test came back positive for RSV, so they are treating Natalie as though she has it too, which she probably does!

The girls are now both on a steroid, antibiotic, and breathing treatments...yippee! Natalie actually did awesome with taking all of her medicine and got an M&M for being so good. She sat still and took her breathing treatment well too, as long as she was sitting on her Daddy's lap!  Aubrey fell asleep during her breathing treatment.

The nebulizer for the breathing treatments is cute at least...it's a penguin and it's bag looks like an igloo!

We have decided to keep the girls home for the rest of the week even though the doctor wrote a note and said they could go back tomorrow. Bobby's mom is coming down tomorrow so I can work in the afternoon and will be here until Thursday afternoon/evening so Bobby and I can both work a full day.  It was nice of her to rearrange her schedule to come down and help us out since we both needed to work and wanted to keep the girls home.

At least I got to see how much the girls weigh:

Natalie: 26lbs (between 25 and 50 percentile)
Aubrey: 17lbs (25 percentile)...at Natalie's 9 month appointment she weight 17lb 3oz, so Aubrey will probably bypass Natalie's stats by her 9 month appointment!

Please pray that we have a healthy rest of the year!  I am so sick of all the sickness in our house!  I sanitized all of Natalie's toys tonight, Aubrey's will be up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.