Natalie woke up bright and early this morning...6:30a, when her normal waking time is 8:30/9am. We should have known at that point that something was not right with her. However, she drank some of her bottle, then watched a little bit of cartoons with me and fell back asleep by 7:15/7:30a. When I woke her up to take her to daycare around 8:30 or so, her hair was wet with sweat so the first thing I thought of was possible fever, but when I took her temp, it was only reading 98 degrees. So, off to daycare we went!
I saw my whole 2 out of 3 patients for the day and finished up some of my notes, then relaxed at home for a bit because my thought was I would let Natalie stay in her routine at daycare (especially if she was napping) before I picked her up to head to our ultrasound/doctor appointment. However, around 1:30p, her daycare called me to say she was running at least a 101.7 temp and I needed to come get her. In hindsight, she probably had broken her fever when I woke her up from her morning nap. Daycare said she had been cranky in the morning but after her little nap, she woke up in a good mood and acted like "normal" Natalie, but felt warm. I brought her home and her temp was 101, so I gave her some fever reducing medicine and took her with me to the ultrasound appointment because she was acting just fine.
She was good during the ultrasound while Daddy held her. She got to find out she was going to have a baby SISTER come May. I had told Bobby from the very beginning that we were having a girl, but he had thought all along we were having a boy. Although every guy I'm sure hopes for a boy, we are so very blessed to be having another baby girl and couldn't be more happy. Now is the time we start "debating" about names!
I still had to wait for my doctor appointment after the ultrasound and Bobby needed to take Natalie to her doctor appointment at 4:10p. Plus, we had plans to head to Indy for dinner with some friends and leave our house by 5:30p.
My appointment went fine and the baby looks good and healthy. We are going to have our hands full with 2 little girls.
Natalie's appointment went well. By the time she got there her temp was only 98 and the doctor said everything was good...throat was a little pink and she had some congestion (what else is new), but otherwise ears, heart, etc were good. She weighed in at 17lb 6oz. The doctor said she had something viral and gave Bobby a prescription for an antibiotic only to fill if she was still having a fever by Friday, but to continue the fever reducer as needed. No daycare for tomorrow, so Daddy is working from home to take care of Natalie in the morning/early afternoon until I am done with my 3 patients. She was acting fine, so we kept our plans and headed to Indy with friends for dinner.
Natalie slept the whole way to Indy. When we got to the restaurant, she ate a whole jar of baby food, plus mashed potatoes and some bread. However, afterwards, she got fussy because she didn't feel well, so I gave her more medicine and the poor girl just fell asleep on my lap. So, Daddy went to the car for her carseat so she could sleep, which she did the rest of the way through dinner. She woke up at dessert time and was good the rest of the time. She was a trooper. I feel so bad for her...her first real sickness, and right before Christmas! Hopefully she will be feeling much better by Friday night!
We at at Fogo de Chao for dinner...it was of course yummy and we enjoyed our company. Bobby and I shared a triple layer chocolate cake mousse dessert...mmmm:) What a great birthday dinner! Bobby and Natalie gave me a card and a pretty necklace with my birthstone. I also got a Willow Tree angel from Matt and Alison. Natalie even got an early Christmas present that is a singing/dancing Christmas Snoopy that I know she will love!
I was hoping to take a couple pictures, but was a little distracted with a sick little girl!
I had a great birthday with many birthday wishes. I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else than Bobby and Natalie. What a great year it has been and this coming year will be an even greater adventure. Thank you Bobby and Natalie and our friends for making my birthday so special!
![]() |
| I can't believe how tiny she was! Couldn't imagine this birthday without her! |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.