Monday, May 20, 2013

Natalie's 1st Dentist Appointment

Natalie did SO good today at the dentist, Aubrey on the other hand, not so much!

Aubrey has been cutting a tooth for awhile now and she has been Miss Grumpy Pants since at least Friday!  So, while I got my teeth cleaned, Natalie and Aubrey watched but very early on, I had to get Aubrey and set her on my lap. Not the easiest thing to do while you are reclined back. I joked with the dental hygienist that I'm sure not many dads have to do such a thing. Always an adventure I tell you!

Natalie enjoyed watching me get my teeth cleaned and when it was her turn, she didn't want to sit in the big chair all by herself. She did, however, sit very well with me and opened her mouth lots of times to let both the dental hygienist and dentist take a look at her mouth. She never bit either of them, which I was glad for!  She picked out the princess toothbrush instead of the Toy Story Jessie (not surprised there). She also let the dental hygienist use the polisher (with no toothpaste) on every single tooth. I was so proud of her!

The dentist said she has 4 more molars to come in and her upper labial frenum (the tissue between the lips and gums at the top, which I have mentioned to at least Bobby in pictures of her) will shrink when her adult teeth start coming in. Everything looked good!

Natalie also learned a new word today (like she does everyday): turquoise...she says it very well!

 

The rest of this post will be pretty random.

I started the Advocare 24 day challenge (Bobby's middle sister sells it now). I figured even though reading through everything it was really about changing your diet/lifestyle and was really expensive, I would give it a shot to try to discipline myself and hopefully see some results. I had Bobby measure me and take before pictures (ick!). The first 10 days is the cleanse and then the last 14 is the max phase. I don't necessarily feel any different, but I am making much more conscious decisions about what I'm eating. Also, I downloaded the app MyFitnessPal to track all my calories and I have been staying right in between 1200-1400 calories a day.

In addition to the diet challenge, I have picked back up running with Rebekah. Yesterday we did a mile and today we did 2. Even though I felt very tired after today's run, I felt good afterwards, which made me want to try and stay motivated. I always seem to be gun-ho for a bit, then slack off. We decided we would sign up to do the Memorial Day 5K Monday...here's to nothing :)

Did we skip Spring?!  I feel like we just jumped straight from Winter to Summer, which makes me sad because I really love Spring weather.

Here are some random pictures from my phone:


 All About Me posters I made for the girls' daycare:
 
 Date Night on the Wabash River (on the banks anyway)


Fun at Dobbs Park:

 Natalie isn't scared of much (mostly just sounds)

 



Preview of Aubrey's party stuff:


Walking back from our 1-mile run...Natalie had to walk her baby and Zoe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.