Monday, June 10, 2013

Advocare 24-Day Challenge

Just in case someone other than my family/friends reads this because of the title, let me preface with in no way did I get paid to do this challenge or write this review. This post is purely for my benefit.

I was skeptical when I heard the speel on Advocare from my sister-in-law and her friend, especially because it's a pyramid type thing where you can make money if you become a distributor and then the people above you make money too.  However, suprisingly enough, Bobby was okay with me paying $250 to do the Silver Challenge (you can do the Gold challenge which includes one additional supplement/vitamin I believe).

Here is what I got for my $250:

AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink MixCanister, Fruit Punch1$51.95$51.95 
CATALYST™1$31.50$31.50 
Herbal CleanseCitrus1$31.50$31.50 
MNS® Max 31$45.95$45.95 
Meal Replacement ShakeChocolate1$44.95$44.95 
OmegaPlex®

The herbal cleanse is the first 10 days and the max phase is the last 14 days.

In addition to using these products as advised from my sister-in-law and her friend, I began jogging (I've ran 2 races: a 5K and a 7.1 mile trail run; plus an additional 14 miles total jogged at least). Also, I used the MyFitnessPal app to track my calories, which I tried to stay within the 1200 calorie range a day, which was sometimes challenging. I basically tried to make better food choices (more fruits and veggies, less breads and sweets). So, I made a lifestyle change, which was both hard and easy at the same time. My ultimate goal is to get down to 150lbs and I have a LONG way to go!  My short term goal is to not look like a beached whale when we go to Jamaica in July!  Plus, Rebekah and I are going to try and run a race every 1-2 months to keep ourselves motivated with our running.

In my honest opinion, I think the little bit of weight loss and measurement changes I experienced were not necessarily from Advocare, but more from my conscious choices on food and activity and increased water intake (about 90 oz a day). My clothes fit a little better, but the scale didn't move a ton. I do feel like I have more energy, especially during my runs, which I attribute to Advocare's Catalyst and Spark products. The meal replacement shakes (I've only tried chocolate mocha) actually taste good and have made it easy for me to have breakfast which is a meal I often skip. 

So, here are my results (remember I have a LONG way to go), but here you have it:

 

Honestly, looking at these pictures, I hardly see a difference...not one bit!

Here are my numbers:

Measurement
Start (May15)
Midway
Finish (June 8)
Total Loss
Weight
188
183
181.5
6.5
Right Arm
11.5
11
12
-0.5
Shoulders
21.5
21
20.5
1
Chest
43
40.5
41
2
Waist
41
37
39.5
1.5
Hips
45.5
45
44
1.5
Right Thigh
26.5
25.5
24
2.5
Right Calf
16.5
16.5
16.5
0
Total
205.5
196.5
197.5
8

I did recently purchase the vitamin/supplement pack MNS E which is for energy, the Catalyst, and Spark. I will try this until I go to Jamaica in July and then I really don't see me continuing unless I see some unbelievable, awesome results. I don't see how you could afford to do this too long because the products are quite pricey. I really think the key is to modify your lifestyle and make healthy eating choices. 

So, there you have it...my review of the Advocare 24-Day Challenge...if nothing else spending lots of money will keep you accountable maybe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.