Natalie coloring with her Easter Bunny present...she liked trying to eat it instead!
My weekend (Friday) project...another idea from Pinterest with my own twist.
This weekend, Bobby and I actually got the rare opportunity to go out on a date night. The church we used to attend has starting doing a monthly FREE Friday night date night where you can drop your child(ren) off from 6-9p. We missed the one in March, but took up the opportunity for April. What a great outreach they are doing for parents with children. I think the last time we went on a date night without Natalie (can it be considered a date night if you have her with...I don't think so) was after Christmas when my family took Natalie down to Tennessee to see her great-grandparents. That date night, we headed to see a movie with friends, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. So, 4 months later, we decided to go see another movie instead of dinner since we can go out to dinner with Natalie anytime and can't see a movie with her. This time we went to see Safe House (another action movie...do we see a trend here? I think it's time for a girly movie next time)! Our dinner consisted of popcorn and pop...very healthy! Movies are expensive! It costed us $20 for 2 tickets and $13.25 for the popcorn and pop. CRAZY! I wonder how much tickets/food will be in 20 years when Natalie is reading through this...
We were glad we took advantage of this date night! Next one is May 18th, so if Aubrey still has not decided to make her appearance, we may just possibly have another one soon...I'm thinking chick flick this time!!! Saturday, Natalie and I did swim class while Bobby ran 13.1 miles and worked on the electrical in the basement. We are hoping to get the drywall started on the office and guest room downstairs by next week...
So, Monday started off interesting. Natalie woke up with a fever and I noticed some sore spots on her lower legs. She gets rough, pink patches every so often that I have self-diagnosed as eczema, which Aveeno eczema lotion seems to take care of very well. However, these spots were different and weren't going away, plus they were more red. Natalie felt crummy all day and just wanted to sleep and cuddle. She looked pitiful! Poor baby had a fever all day and because she spews out the medicine like a red volcano, she only got 2 doses of fever reducer. On top of Natalie feeling crummy, I was feeling crummy too since Bobby gave me his sinus/head cold. Just what I wanted with 4 weeks left in my pregnancy (already feeling uncomfortable) and to have a sick little girl on top of it...yay! We survived the day.
However, come this morning, Natalie was still running a fever and her sores on her legs looked worse. So, no daycare for Natalie and no work for Mommy, which wasn't a good thing since I am only working 2 days this week anyway since I have a conference to go to in Indy from Thursday until Saturday. As the day progressed, Natalie's fever broke and stayed away, but her rash/sores got worse on her legs, I started to notice them on her wrists, then at lunch in her mouth and now one under her nose. I diagnosed her with hand-foot-mouth disease which is viral and there is nothing for us to do for her other than treat the symptoms and wait for the rash/sores to go away in a week or so. It is highly contagious among kids, so Natalie won't be going to daycare for the rest of the week. And, now there are a few other kids in daycare that now have it, which probably had it before, but just didn't realize what it was. Natalie was more playful today and less sleepy, so I was glad for that!
Spent my morning disinfecting Natalie's crib and all her toys...fun times!
Her poor legs!
Ouchie!
Unfortunately, Natalie is going to miss her last swimming class and her friend, Gavin's, 1st birthday party this weekend! Hopefully she gets healthy soon and I can shake this lovely head cold I have going on.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.