Sunday, December 21, 2014

Happy 31st Birthday, to me!

Thankfully, we celebrated my birthday last night with our friends while my parents watched all 4 of the kiddos!  The kids all had a blast...going out to eat, bouncing in bounce houses way past their bedtimes, eating snacks, and just having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa!

Us adults headed to Bloomington for a kid-free night!  Woohoo! We at at Upland Brewery...very yummy food!  Then, we headed to Hartzell's for ice cream. They didn't have my favorite though :( which is MAC (marshmallow, avocado, coconut). So, instead I tried Chocolate with Sweet Basil, which I actually enjoyed, but Bobby did not. Then we headed to The Comedy Attic for a show, which was something different that we don't usually do. The comedians were okay, but we all had a good time. It's always nice to be able to go out and have uninterrupted conversations with our friends.

The only plans we had for today (my actual birthday) was to go to church, go out to lunch, then my parents were heading home and no other plans. Good thing that was all that was planned because at church, we were called to go get Aubrey from her class because she had a couple diarrhea episodes in a short span and was crying because she hurt. Poor girl!  I had only brought 2 diapers with us, so they gave me an extra when I picked her up, but while I was in the Atrium with her, she managed to dirty that one too and I was left with having to put a maxi pad...yes, a maxi pad on her from the basket in the bathroom since I was out of diapers and more were in the car (I had to be resourceful!), but I didn't want to disrupt the sermon. So, as soon as the music started I headed back in with Aubrey to gather up my stuff as quickly as possible, but left my jacket which had the keys. At the same time, Bobby was trying to find me, but we missed each other so I was stuck still without a diaper since I had no keys. Luckily, my parents and Bobby all left church and came out to check on us and we left a little early to head home. Needless to say, we did not go out to eat, but ordered in and the guys (plus Natalie) went to get the food and Imodium for Aubrey. It seems to have worked because she isn't going every 10-20 minutes!  I felt so bad for her!

Grandma got her to take a short nap, we ate, then my parents headed back home. The girls today were extremely whiny and were constantly fighting with each other this afternoon because of whatever caused their diarrhea (Natalie had a tiny bit, too, but nothing compared to Aubrey)!  The girls have no other symptoms other than Aubrey throwing up last Saturday at Amanda and Matt's house.

Aubrey was so tired tonight, that she passed out on the floor at about 6:45...she has NEVER done that EVER!  Natalie was asleep by 7:10, but now as I type this, she is awake and sitting next to me.

Happy poop-filled birthday to me!!  I have to say though that I would rather it come from this end where it is contained by a diaper than her throwing up and you never know when it's going to happen and it's hard to contain!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.