My parents came down Thursday night and we headed down to Tennessee Friday morning. We stayed until Monday morning. The weather was quite interesting because Friday and Saturday it was HOT, then Sunday and Monday it was COOL! Saturday was our busy, longest day and probably the hottest day.
![]() |
| the neighbors' dog, Chelsea |
![]() |
| Poor Penny was in doggy jail :) |
Saturday morning I went out and ran 4 miles on the Greenway which is GORGEOUS!!! I would run all day every day if we had something here as scenic as it was. While I ran, my mom and Aubrey walked. There was also a run that started while I was finishing up my run and I finished my run uphill...fun times.
Afterwards, we headed back to the house to get ready to head out to for Ty's football game. Football in TN is MUCH different than IN! For one, his game was an hour away; two, they have cheerleaders; three, the players have to be there 2 hours before the game...and this is for 6/7/8 year olds...
![]() |
| Natalie's buddy, Ty |
Such a great idea for a kiddie maze! Just a large circle with storyboards all along the way! Natalie loved the story and it really was such a great story! I might have to go buy the book now!
Yep! :)
Milking the cows!

We used to have tetherball in our yard growing up...so fun!
This was just a short ride, but as you can see in this picture, Natalie did not like this. Ty is turned around I'm sure checking on her...so cute! Natalie says "It's too bumpy!"
Duck races...
The cow ride traumatized Natalie, so just Aubrey and I rode the pumpkin ride :)
![]() |
| She picked out her own pumpkin, right before it got dark! |
![]() |
| Aubrey didn't make it to the pumpkin patch...sleepy girl! |
I wish someone would have carried me back to the car...lol!
Sunday was our lazy day of just hanging out at the house, which we all needed after Saturday. Dad and grandpa did go out fishing, but us girls stayed home, took a short drive, ending it with some yummy frozen yogurt! Our night was finished with some fun card playing and we headed out Monday morning.
I am so happy that the girls get to share great memories with both their grandparents and great-grandparents! They are so blessed!

![]() |
| Grandma and Grandpa Great |
Natalie didn't want to go to bed...ever...like usual! Ugh...it's SO frustrating! However, she did take a nap on Sunday on the floor because I guess the bed wasn't as comfortable :) Tonight, Bobby got her to go to sleep by rocking her which never happens because she usually uses that as a way to get out of bed, but I guess she missed her Daddy that much. Bobby took advantage of the extra cuddle time before putting her to bed for the night.
Natalie spent hours coloring and she loved taking care of the Baby Alive doll, while pushing her in the stroller while saying "We're going at church" and "I'm going at the store for pizza." She had lots of funny things to say this weekend! She also loves being with her cousin, Ty. I think the camping trip this summer was a good bonding experience for her and Ty because she was so excited to see him again.
Aubrey was overall pretty good, but a little fussy. She didn't eat super great either, but loved eating fries, bananas, and anything sweet. She's been a little finicky with food lately, so I'm wondering if she's getting more teeth?! I gave her some Lucky Charms and that stinker picks out all the marshmallows and refuses to eat the actual cereal...lol!
Thanks again to Grandma and Grandpa Toby and Mom and Dad for all the fun and food! We had a great weekend!
























































No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.