Happy Halloween 2013! Hey...that rhymes! :)
Halloween is canceled this year! Yep...you read that right! Due to the threat of severe storms, it seems as if pretty much all of Indiana has postponed trick-or-treating until November 1st (Friday). Unless of course you live in Terre Haute where kids just can't get enough candy on one night, it's necessary to have trick-or-treating 2 days in a row, which means we had trick-or-treating tonight and then again on Friday. I have never and will never understand why the heck 2 nights is necessary. Also, I understand to keep the community safe, we should cancel; however, when I was younger I vividly remember trick-or-treating in snow and all kinds of nasty weather!!
Natalie has thoroughly enjoyed dressing up as a pirate multiple times this Halloween season and does her impression of a pirate "Arrrggghhh, matey!" quite well! Aubrey is a parrot and although I have had a couple comments as to what she is, that's okay because I know she is a parrot and a cute one at that. She doesn't seem to mind the costume one bit!
We decided to walk around our little neighborhood tonight since there is no trick-or-treating tomorrow and the weather was nice. There were only a handful of houses handing out candy, but it was still plenty for the girls! Natalie did very well saying 'trick or treat' at each house. After we left each house she instantly talked about how she wanted to go to the next house for more candy. Bobby tried to teach her to say she was thankful for all the candy she got that night. After our quick walk around, we turned on our porch light and Natalie and I sat outside to pass out candy. We didn't have a ton of kids come around, but enough to get rid of one giant bag of candy. Natalie loved it just as much as getting candy herself. She was very confused by the bloody zombie costumes, but enjoyed the princesses, ladybugs, etc.
At one point a little boy, about her age, came up and Natalie gave him some candy, then he reached into his bag and gave her a sucker. It was adorable!
And the sorting begins...
Natalie says the 'pink one' is her favorite...lol! She doesn't know what is her favorite because my guess would have been the m&m's!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.