Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

I had an awesome 30th birthday!  Bobby and my family and friends went above and beyond to ensure I had a special day!  Bobby and everyone have been busy planning for a month or so and the day could not have gone anymore smoothly!  Although Bobby's initial plan of going snow tubing at Perfect North got canceled due to weather, his backup plan went great. I was disappointed about not going snow tubing due the the warmer than average weather and rain, the alternative of going to Bloomington, IN for the day with Matt and Alison was fun.

While we were having fun in Bloomington, lots of people in Terre Haute were busy transforming our garage into party central. This would explain why Bobby has been so obsessed about cleaning the garage lately...didn't make sense until I walked into the garage for the party.

Our day in Bloomington consisted of lunch at Smokin' JacksOliver Winery tour/tasting, ice cream at Hartzell's (disappointed they didn't have the MAC ice cream last time we were there, but it was still yummy), and finished with the Upland Brewery tour.  I had no idea what we were doing and it was nice to just go along with the flow. Even though Bobby says he had everything planned out, I really don't think he could have planned our events as well as they turned out because we were never rushed to go from one place to another and seemed to always end up at the place we were supposed to be next with a couple minutes to spare. It was a nice, kid-free, adult fun-filled day! Thanks to my parents for driving down to watch the girls, especially since they will be back down for Christmas...I guess  that's what they get for having a baby so close to Christmas...haha!

I knew something was up because Bobby kept whispering to Alison throughout the day when I would go to the bathroom, etc. Then, the plan was for Bobby to drop me off at Matt and Alison's house for me to take some pictures even though I didn't have my camera. Instead of Bobby just waiting for me to take the pictures, he went home and wanted Alison to drive me back. I played along, but figured when we pulled into the driveway I would see some cars I recognized for a party...I even looked over at the school across the street, but it was too dark and rainy to see any. Then, when I walked into the house, I figured I would see a bunch of people, but I didn't. I really thought they were maybe hiding in the rooms or something. Alison and Matt came inside to have the girls unwrap their Christmas presents, then my mom asked me where the bacon was because she couldn't find it. When she asked me, I was like 'really?!' it was in the fridge and I knew my mom knew where to look in the fridge. Later to find out, Bobby thought I would go to the freezer in the garage. So, he had to tell me instead to go out to the garage for my present from my parents (which I had already received my birthday present from them on Thanksgiving...haha).

Then, surprise, my friends and family were stashed in the garage that was decorated just for me!  It was a great surprise and I am so thankful and blessed for all the special people I have in my life. The decorations were beyond what I would have ever expected (thanks Amanda, my mom, dad, and Matt)!  The food was so yummy (thanks Melissa and Nate for food and tables/chairs)! Thanks to Rebekah for taking pictures and Tim for assisting with getting the tables. Thanks to Matt and Alison for putting up with me taking their "fake" Christmas pictures and being a decoy.  Thanks to my mom and dad for watching the girls all day! Thanks to Bobby for making my birthday so special!  I cannot thank everyone enough for everything they did for making this day so much fun!

Now Bobby knows how exhausting party planning can really be! I would have never imagined having a party in our garage, but it worked out great with 2 heaters we had, and barely had to have on!




 
 

 

 


 
 

 

 


 

 




 

 

 

Thank you to everyone that came or sent well wishes to make this birthday so much fun!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.