Monday, May 16, 2011

weekend visit with Grandma & Grandpa Andreae

This weekend, Bobby's parents came down to spend the weekend with Natalie. I didn't capture any pictures but a couple from my iPhone and they aren't very good quality.

Friday night, Bobby and I went to look at a couple of houses. One of the two, I really like and see great potential in it, but it's priced way too high with the amount of work that needs to be done. I am getting very frustrated with Bobby in this whole house hunting process. He definitely doesn't see the potential of the homes, only what is looking right at him, plus the kind of house he wants seems to change on a daily basis. I'm really tired of finding houses online, going to look at them, liking them, then Bobby having the complete opposite opinion!  I'm about ready to just take a break from all of it for now since it's going nowhere!  Bobby's parents had gotten into town while we were looking at the 2 homes, and then later they met up with us at our house and then watched Natalie during our softball game. It should be interesting to see how she is going to be when we don't have anyone to watch her and she is just hanging out in the dugout because while we were playing she would not stop crying for Grandma Andreae. Once I was able to get off the field, I showed her how Natalie likes to be held sometimes, then noticed she had a wet diaper. So, as soon as Grandma Andreae changed her, she was fine the rest of the time.

Saturday, I went to a neighborhood yard sale in the morning with James' girlfriend, Amanda. Last year when I went, this neighborhood had a lot of great things, but this year not so much...pretty disappointing! I did get Natalie a snowsuit and coat for winter (not sure it will fit though), but I couldn't pass it up because it was basically brand new, plus I got her 2 shirts that she will grow into. I had found a really awesome dining room table and 6 chairs for $200 but Bobby said no. I wish I would have gotten it though...next time if I come across that great of a deal, I'm just going to pick it up!  Later on in the day, we went to Bobby's parents' hotel to swim, but Natalie was not too interested. I'm not sure why she didn't like it other than it was pretty noisy, but not a ton more than the first time she went swimming and the water was just as cold as the first time. Later that night we went out to eat with our neighbors and Bobby's parents, followed by bowling. Bowling was quite entertaining to say the least!  The guys were on one side and us girls were on the other. Proud to say that us girls won both rounds!  Bobby's dad was pretty sore the next day, but the rest of us were just fine.

Sunday, I left in the morning to head to Indy for Matt's graduation lunch and Bobby stayed in Terre Haute with Natalie and met his parents at our church in the morning. I felt bad that I couldn't stay for Matt's graduation ceremony, but was glad that I could represent our side of the family to show our support. However, I forgot everything I was supposed to take to Indy with me, including his card, so he should be getting it in the next day or so. I thought you were only supposed to have a bad memory when you were pregnant, not afterwards!  I stopped by Target before I headed home (really wish we had one in Terre Haute), then got home in time to go to dinner with Bobby's parents before they headed back to South Bend.

Daddy and Natalie taking a nap at the hotel

wearing Daddy's hat

Just a tad bit too big

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.