Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

...a little late!

We have had a whirlwind week!  We headed up to South Bend the night before the 4th, spent the morning with Bobby's parents, then the afternoon with mine. After getting the girls all settled in at my parent's house after the parade, Bobby and I headed down to Indy to stay at Matt and Amanda's, as well as meet up with Matt and Alison to fly out the next morning for Jamaica!  Jamaica post will come next.

On the 4th, we had planned to go to the zoo with Bobby's parents but as soon as we pulled up, Natalie saw the huge playground with a slide and that's all she wanted to do. We asked her several times if she wanted to go to the zoo and she said 'no,' but always said 'yes' when asked if she wanted to go on the slide!  She saved us some money since we didn't have to pay admission to the zoo. Plus, she had a blast. They also recently opened a small splash pad at the park, so she had fun in that as well. Surprisingly, at the splash pad, she only really played in the puddles. It was a really nice day...not too hot, but sunny and warm.


 



 



 




 

 

After some fun at the park, we headed to North Liberty to meet up with my family to watch the parade. It's a rinky dink parade, but it's tradition. This year instead of just candy being thrown for the kids, we also saw bottles of water, hot dogs wrapped in foil, and popsicles being thrown. Natalie didn't care for it too much because of the loud noises from the firetrucks, etc. However, Aubrey got upset when there was no action in front of her.  After the parade, we headed back to my parents and the girls swam some before Bobby and I left to head back to Indy. I was sad to leave them, but knew they would have fun on their 'vacation' too!  My parents took them to the fireworks later that night and took earplugs which helped. From what they said, Aubrey loved them and Natalie watched them, but would cover her face sometimes too, just like last year. I had also bought some light up balloons I had seen, which I guess were a big hit.

I don't think I will plan to leave on a vacation the day after a holiday again because I like to enjoy all parts of the day, probably because I love tradition when it comes to holidays!  However, everyone seemed to have a good time!  Happy late 4th of July everyone!









Just in case of a Zombie Apocalypse, this is the truck/group for you...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.