We decided to go with a Hawaiian/Luau type theme since they have gone on vacation to Hawaii every year for the last 5 years. I have to say, I will not be starting up an event planning business anytime soon or ever...haha! However, I am glad to help someone anytime, but the planning part is fun.
I had recruited Alison's help, as well as Melissa. Both gladly accepted helping me out even though Melissa doesn't know Eric and Rebekah at all!!! I could not have pulled it off without them or Melissa's husband Nathan! They were lifesavers!!!!
Originally, Alison and I had thought about getting to the shelter around 2p to start setting up which would give us plenty of time to get everything ready plus allow us enough time to run to the store if we needed anything since the ceremony didn't start until 6:30p. However, Eric had to change the shelter which didn't allow us to get to the park until around 4:30p to set-up because there was a kids' camp going on. Talk about stress!!! Since Eric and Rebekah were gone for 2 weeks in Hawaii and we were gone to Jamaica the next week, this last week was really the only time Eric and I had to collaborate and get stuff. I was able to find everything I needed pretty easy, but I didn't bring enough tape and Eric and I miscommunicated about drinks, so Nathan was sent on a run for 2 liters and water to make lemonade, as well as their 5-gallon container to put the lemonade in. I had also not thought about wind, so that made setting up quite interesting! It seemed like every time we got something set up, it would blow off the table...so frustrating!
We got everything done in the knick of time and Rebekah was surprised and you couldn't really tell all the trouble we were having during set-up. I also got the opportunity to take some pictures. Happy 5 Years, Eric and Rebekah!!!



![]() |
| The new trellis vs the old trellis that Eric built for Rebekah |
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.