This year, Natalie really wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge, but also wanted to have a party. I decided to meet her in the middle and throw her birthday party in Plainfield at the Indoor Aquatic Center. I had actually never gone to the indoor waterpark they have, only the outdoor. We have enjoyed our visits at the outdoor Splash Island, so I figured the indoor would be a great option for a February birthday party. It's about an hour away from our house so I wasn't sure how the turnout would be, but she is an amazingly blessed little girl and had close to 40 people attend her party!
Everyone seemed to have a blast and the kids swam for over 3 hours, which made for very exhausted kids at our house! This was also Austin's very first time in the water and he loved it. He actually stayed in the water for the same amount of time and was a super happy, laid back baby the entire time other than the one time he was hungry. I was thankful for my family because they had Austin the whole time and enjoyed swimming with him! He loves the water just as much as his sisters!
I wasn't sure how to do the food/cake, so we ended up singing Happy Birthday at the very beginning and then let the kids go swim. They swam for about an hour before we had them come back into the room to eat cake and snacks and have Natalie open her presents. It worked out good (great idea, Bobby!) and if I would have thought about it more, we could have sang then, but neither Bobby or I were quite sure how to do it. If we ever have a party there again, we will do everything at the snack break time.
I would definitely do another party there again! I didn't get many pictures at all because I was busy swimming with the kids too! Plus, I didn't get to socialize as much as our typical house parties, but hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
We want to thank everyone for making the trip to make Natalie's 5th birthday so fun and memorable!
So excited to see her BFF, Landon!!!!
I wish this picture wasn't blurry because I just love their faces and the pure joy this photo shows!














No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.