Natalie has been sleeping so well through the night (anywhere from 8 to 10 hours) in the cradle next to our bed, that it was time to try out her crib. Bobby had mentioned trying this earlier in the week, but I just hadn't gotten around to do it because I wanted to take down the pretty bumpers in her crib. While I was pregnant I probably would have never guessed that I would be "one of those moms" when it came to certain things. Overall, I would say I have been pretty laid back on most things. Of course when reading the 'Baby Bargains' book it talks about how bumpers are not safe in the crib, but that they do make breathable ones. Well I was all about making the nursery look pretty so I got a bedding set that the bumpers were included (which tends to be the majority of bedding sets) and made the whole crib look complete. As Natalie has occasionally taken naps in her crib, I noticed that she tends to gravitate toward the bumper by her head and then wants to put her face right into the bumper giving little air space to breathe! I knew I definitely would not sleep at night if she were in her crib with the bumpers and me fearing she would suffocate herself...so, the bumpers are now removed!
Natalie had been going to sleep sometime between 11 and midnight, just tends to be her schedule at the moment, but last night she ate a little earlier than normal and I got her to bed (in her crib) by 10:30p. She is such a mover, especially on her play mat she can rotate herself at least 180 degrees. So it wasn't much of a surprise that at midnight when she woke up because she needed changed she had rotated herself in the crib to a 90 degree angle! After I changed her, I took her in to our bedroom so Bobby could hold her a little (since he wasn't home much last night) bit, then I took her back into bed. She seems to sleep very well through the night when I have her in a 'SwaddleMe' (aka straitjacket according to my dad). Bobby mentioned how he doesn't think she can be that comfortable in her 'SwaddleMe' since she likes to move so much, but then I mentioned how it would probably be unsafe (being 'one of those moms') since she does move so much I wouldn't want her to get suffocated by a blanket. He agreed or at least made it sound as if he agreed to appease me :) I laid her back down in her crib where she fussed only a little bit until she got herself to fall asleep and didn't wake up until 6:30am.
| How she started out... |
| ...how she ended up! |
| Maybe she just wanted to admire Auntie Amanda's work?! Just a little photo from her point of view. |
| In her straitjacket :) |
Somehow in the middle of the night I must have grabbed onto the baby monitor because I awoke to it next to me rather than on the nightstand where it was originally. It was more difficult for me to go to sleep last night and I'm not sure if that was because of a little separation anxiety due to Natalie not being next to me in her cradle or if it was the little bit of chocolate chips I ate prior to going to bed! Maybe it was a little bit of both! Once I fell asleep, I slept well until she awakened, so overall I think I did a pretty good job with the whole separation anxiety thing (we'll see how it goes when I have to eventually drop her off at daycare).
She is doing such a great job sleeping lately, but I am not looking forward to Easter weekend because on Friday we will drive up north (4 hours) in which she will probably sleep the majority of the car ride and probably won't want to go to bed that night once we get home. Then it will repeat when we head back to Terre Haute on Sunday. Hopefully she does well, but only time will tell.
Today we went to Hobby Lobby and this is the Easter basket I made for Natalie. I personally think it's cute!
| The front |
| The back |
I just can't stop taking pictures of her!
![]() |
| She's definitely one in a million! |



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.