Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wonderful Weekend with Family

I always enjoy having my family come down to visit! Although it does make me want a larger house more and more so that people don't have to campout in the living room, which requires blowing up and deflating the air mattress each day.

Friday:
Bobby worked a super long day by getting up at 3am and working until about 3p in the afternoon. When he got home we all went to Menards to look for a ceiling fan for our bedroom (didn't buy one though) and then got to get a ice cream treat at Ritters...yum!  Afterwards, we met our realtor to look at 4 houses on the same side of town that we live on now. I absolutely loved the first house we went to look at, but Bobby needs some convincing. There is really nothing to do other than update the paint colors to our taste but it's more than double what we live in now and has great built-in storage. It is a ranch style house, but Bobby envisions a 2-story home with a basement (hard to come by in Terre Haute). It has an awesome covered deck with a patio right out from there and the master bedroom has sliding glass doors that open to the patio which I think a hot tub right outside the sliding glass doors sounds fabulous!  We are definitely in the early stages of looking, but this house I think would be perfect and is in a great neighborhood!  My parents and sister got into town late in the evening after Bobby and Natalie were already in bed.



Saturday:
Started out the morning going to Zumba at 9am with Amanda and my mom, only after we all ate Square Donuts...haha! Great breakfast before going to workout :) Afterwards I drove them by the house which from the outside they both liked a lot. We had thunderstorms in the morning which delayed Bobby's plans of yardwork, but we finally made it out there. It seems like every time my dad is down we put him to work, but this time it wasn't intentional at all! Although it was nice to have 3 people (maybe I should say 2.5 since I only worked the first half of the day) because things went much quicker. While Bobby and my dad thatched/raked the backyard, I powerwashed the patio which was much dirtier than I had originally thought! It now looks brand new after my dad went back over it to clear off the rest of the debri. I set out the table, chairs, and umbrella! Nice weather is hopefully here to stay finally! The backyard looks great except the grass looks bare after thatching, but I guess it has to look worse before it gets better!  My dad also pushed around the roller in the yard to flatten things out.  While they did all that, the girls (plus Rusty) were inside having storytime and playtime, as well as making the guys lunch.

Storytime with Auntie Amanda






By this time, I was finished and didn't want to do anymore yardwork since it was not my intention to work outside all day while my family was down here, but Bobby and my dad kept on working until 5p or so. They moved onto the front yard, which still needs thatched but the leaves are gone which makes our house look so much better! The driveway and sidewalks even got powerwashed! Now, we just need to touch up a few things in the house and put it up for sale sometime (we have no idea when we will do this)

After the thunderstorms, it turned out the be a BEAUTIFUL day! Sunshine, warmth, birds chirping...couldn't have been much better! We went for a walk to the park and then through the neighborhood of the house I love to show my dad. The only unfortunate thing about the house is it seems to be in a lower area of the neighborhood (which is higher elevation than our current home) and had some standing water, and we noticed a water pump out by the road that was pushing water out from the home. Not sure if this is common or if it means the house could possibly flood (gasp!), so I sent an email to our realtor to find out for sure what that all means. May not end up being the house I love any longer :( After our walk, Amanda and I put together steak/chicken kabobs for the grill and ate dinner outside. All we needed was a little fire in our fire pit, but since the wood was all wet from the rain in the morning, that wasn't going to happen!



Wow...Mommy needs a tan!


Natalie has done her normal sleeping/waking pattern during the day, so we'll see how she sleeps tonight. Last night she woke up at 2am and then again at 7:20a. She wore a dress today (had to safety pin her diaper cover for it to fit) and looked so cute!

Sunday:
Natalie slept through the night again...yay!  We all went to church and again Natalie slept through the whole thing. We came home after church and reheated dinner from last night to feed all of us lunch for today! We sat outside on the patio because the weather was GORGEOUS...summerlike!  Natalie even enjoyed the outside by laying on her activity mat outside just enjoying the warm breeze!  We all took a walk to Dairy Queen for a refreshing treat. My parents and sister had to leave...their visit always seems so short, but we will see them in 2 weeks for Easter!  Natalie will be 2 months in a week, which is just crazy! She's growing way to fast!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.