Saturday, April 30, 2011

First campfire of the season

Today was a gorgeous day! However, Natalie and I spent most of it inside the Greenwood Park Mall with my sister looking for a dress for her wedding since the dress I was going to wear does not fit at all in the chest area (thanks to the pregnancy)! Today, was very unsuccessful in the dress shopping department which you would think wouldn't be too hard since we were looking for a black dress. I think I pulled every single black dress imaginable from the rack! I really liked one dress (the only one Amanda and I agreed on) but it showed my stomach a little bit which made me feel a tad bit uncomfortable, but at least it fit in the boob area :)  We went upstairs to the bra department to try on one of those "sucker-inners" to see if that would help eliminate my stomach, but instead it just spread my fat to a different area on my body in which the dress helped emphasize!  Needless to say, I did not buy the dress and by the time we got to the 2nd to last store, I was at my limit of defeat and finally snapped on my poor sister. I told her that she should find another bridesmaid that will fit into the dresses she likes because our tastes were not jiving!  Of course I apologized later, but I still don't have a dress, but I did add a blister to each foot...yay!

On a good note, Natalie was overall really great during our shopping adventure! She only fussed once and that was only because she was tired. She barely slept at all today, so hopefully she sleeps well tonight. It was great to have Amanda there to help feed Natalie in the car while I sat in the backseat pumping (oh the joys of breastfeeding!). I think Natalie and I (probably Amanda too) are pooped after the defeating shopping trip today. We get to do it again next Sunday...yipee! Can't wait to try on more dresses that look hideous on me!

When I arrived home, Bobby had the grill going with some of our friends and we had a late night cookout lit by a lantern on the table. It felt like we were all camping. Bobby even had a campfire going so we could sit around and make some s'mores. Hershey's makes milk chocolate bars with caramel in the middle, and they are a must try on s'mores! At first Natalie didn't like being outside with the fire (probably didn't like the smell of it) but she took a short nap in her Mamaroo inside, then later sat with me around the fire. It was a great night for a fire, until it started to rain and back inside we went!  That is one of the things I will miss about our house is our backyard whenever we move. Even though our house is in the city, it feels more country-like due to the treeline and empty space behind our house. Can't wait for many more nights like this around the fire pit at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.