Aubrey still hasn't decided to make an appearance, so it looks like tomorrow she will have to be coerced out! I guess we still have until 5am tomorrow, but I'm not very hopeful that it will happen on its own. I guess my body just likes to hold onto my babies!
Natalie was surprisingly good today, but considering she woke up around 6:45a, stayed up for about 30 minutes or so, then went back to bed and didn't wake up until 11:40a, I guess I would be in a better mood too if I slept that much! She ate a good lunch, which she hasn't done for the last couple of days. She wasn't whiny. We went to the grocery store, and she didn't whine in her carseat (probably because she was in the infant carrier that she still fits in). She was a little rowdy while seated in the cart, but nothing that I couldn't handle today. Then, fell asleep for a nap around 4:30p or so.
While she slept this morning, I was able to scrub down the 2 bathrooms (showers, tubs, and all; well except the floors but I did vacuum them yesterday) and do dishes, dust, clean the table and kitchen counters, and do laundry (including folding and putting away which never happens in the same day). I've been on a cleaning frenzy the past couple of days and have no idea why because the last few months I have had zero energy to do anything productive really. It probably helps that I haven't had to work this week, which I am always drained from lately even with just a couple patients. I am now off work until August 20th! I know that day is going to come way too quickly and will be so bittersweet!
I'm glad for the energy boost since I haven't been sleeping well at all, and haven't napped in the last 2 days either. I joked that maybe Aubrey will like to clean when she gets older. Background behind that joke is that when my mom was pregnant with me (right before she had me) she walked around the mall and the joke is that I like to shop. With my sister, she had to make sure her hair/makeup were perfect before going to the hospital and the joke is that Amanda takes forever to get ready. So...maybe, just maybe we will have a kid that likes to clean, which is a good trait, as long as she isn't compulsive with it! I don't remember what specifically I did in the last couple days before I was induced with Natalie, but I know it wasn't cleaning!
I can't believe that after tomorrow, we will have 2 little girls! You wait and anxiously anticipate for 9 months (10 really), and then when the time comes, it's a little nerve-wrecking and scary, but happy all at the same time.
Wish us luck! We are in for a crazy ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.