Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

We spent the morning playing outside and swimming!  It was already pretty hot even in the morning!  I'm not sure what the temperature got up to other than just plain 'hot'!

Our plans were to head up to Matt's mom and step-dad's home for a cookout. Bobby also wanted to go to the beach while we were up there since they only live about 4-5 miles from Silver Beach. A couple of years ago, we went to Silver Beach for the 4th (before kids) and I vowed I would never go back on the 4th because it was super crowded and took forever to get out of traffic. But...that's just what we did...went to the beach!  While packing up stuff to take up there, I felt like I was packing up my whole life just to go to a cookout!  I couldn't find things and felt like my head was detached from my body, that's how unorganized I was.  It was pretty frustrating.

We had a good time at their house even though it was hot! We had LOTS of good food and Natalie had fun playing in the sprinkler that Matt's mom got just for her.
















I'm going to have to get the girls in their matching outfits again and take a good picture of them together!

We didn't head to the beach until 8p, which is already usually past Natalie's bedtime, so I was interested on how the beach was going to go, but she had an absolute blast playing in the water and sand. The beach was SUPER crowded! Thanks to my mom for dropping us off and keeping Aubrey and for Amanda for coming to pick us up.

By the time we got back to the house, Aubrey probably wanted to eat, but off we went right away to go park to see the fireworks.  I eventually had to climb to the back of the car and sit between the girls' seats to console hungry Aubrey. Once we got to the parking area, we had a perfect view. Natalie got to sit on Daddy's lap in the front seat and I fed Aubrey. It was midnight by the time we got home and while trying to get both girls to bed, they were both crying. Thank goodness for Bobby because he had Natalie and I had Aubrey. Otherwise, I would have lost my mind!

Natalie prior to arriving to the beach

Aubrey wide awake while we were headed to the beach without her










Crazy, busy beach!




Digging in the sand

Dirty baby!



The splash pad was fun too, but again, super crowded even at 9p!



Showing the crowded beach!
 


Every 15 minutes the ground fountains go away, all the kids scream and run to the middle, and the fountains on the outside spray toward the middle.

 

We had a great, busy and hot, 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.